Our first, of what we hope will be many, Producer focused sessions.
This time we will introduce one of our new producers, the incredible MicroBio Wines.
The MicroBio vines and winery are currently in the care of it's 5th generation, led by the incredibly charming Ismael Gozalo. We had read and heard quite a bit about MicroBio before we had the chance to try the wines (they're kinda becoming a big deal). And then we struck luck as he happened to be attending a wine event that we were going to in Slovakia. So we got to try his wines for the first time with the man himself. And, oh my, we were not dissappointed at all. In fact I immediately after arriving back to Lithuania contacted him to get the wine flowing towards Lithuania. It took some time, but it's arrived!
The winery is in Central Spain, in the province of Segovia in Castilla y Leon. This is the land of industrial Verdejo production and Ismael (and his family before him) are an oasis of fine, organic and now biodynamic farming and natural wine-making in the region. They have vines over 200 years old! And they have built a huge following across the globe in recent years with their incredible expressions, primarilly, of the main local variety Verdejo. But also the other varieties of the region, notably, Tempranillo.
Put aside whatever you may think you know about, or any previous expriences, with Verdejo and come and try THESE profound expressions that navigate crisp and fresh to rather adventurous and everything in between. As well as their other beautiful, personal and expressive wines.
Hosted by Sean; co-founder of new skanu, WSET Level 3 Award in wines and demolisher of natural wine.
- Monday 22 August 2022 from 6pm-8pm. We expect the "session" to go for roughly 1-1.5hrs with some time for chats/questions after. Please be here for 6pm start. As this is a weekday session we will allow some time for people to rush here from work etc - we will have to start no later than 6:15pm.
- "The session" is in English.
- We will taste through a range of at least 5 Micrbio wines. Including some special treats that potentially may not reach our shelves (or anywhere else).
- Address: our store; Bazilijonu g. 6-102 Vilnius (opposite Maxima next to Hales Turgus)
- Just print or show order confirmation as ticket.
Numbers are strictly limited to ensure comfort.
We look forward to seeing you then as we continue this wild, natural ride.